Sunshine Coast Grammar School is proud of its dedicated and hard-working staff and we provide regular employment opportunities for well qualified professionals. Our school provides a supportive environment for professional development and personal growth.
Sunshine Coast Grammar School is owned and operated by the Presbyterian and Methodist Schools Association (PMSA) which is a joint mission of the Uniting and Presbyterian churches that offer excellence in education based on Christian foundations.
Expressions of interest – Grammar Early Learning Centre, Early Childhood Educators
We are currently expanding our team due to increasing enrolments and are seeking
expressions of interest from similarly minded, experienced educators to join our team
in the following positions:
– Lead Educators (Permanent Full-time, Part-time and casual)
– Assistant Educators (Permanent Full-time, Part-time and casual)
To be considered for a role at New Leaf Early Learning Centre you will need to hold the following:
– A Valid Blue Card.
– Relevant Childcare qualifications
– A Valid First Aid Certificate with CPR and asthma and anaphylaxis management.
Recruitment of the above positions will be staggered as Centre enrolments increase.
There is no selection criteria for this role.
Grounds Person – Oval Greenkeeper
We are seeking an experienced Oval Greenkeeper to join our Grounds and Maintenance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a high level of oval readiness at all times for the School’s three sports ovals. They will have experience in in greenkeeping, turf management, turf repair, horticulture, irrigation, nutrition, weed management, pest and plant control with excellent presentation and good communication skills.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Completion, at the minimum, of a Certificate III in Horticulture, Turf Management or equivalent.
- Proven experience in greenkeeping or turf management
- Sound working knowledge of turf preparation with sports field experience highly regarded.
- Scheduling, planning and execution of all aspects of oval greenkeeping particularly in the areas of mowing, hydration and nutrition.
- At least 5 years’ experience in operating ride on mowers, fairway mowers and general gardening equipment.
- Excellent health, strength and fitness for this position which involves frequent physical exertion.
- High level of regard for the safe use of equipment and the environment in which duties are carried out, ensuring the safety of children, staff and facilities throughout the campus.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Willingness to support the Grounds and Maintenance team in general maintenance to school buildings and gardens, event setup and traffic control when needed.
Applications close 4.00pm Monday 30 April 2018
How to Apply
Please follow the application instructions shown below. The items referred to in Step 2 below should be combined into a single Microsoft Word application document using a 12 point font and 25mm margins.
Access the Position Description (which includes the Selection Criteria) provided under the position of interest.
Prepare your application which should include:
a. A covering letter of one page which includes your education philosophy and indicates why you would be the best fit for this role.
b. Curriculum Vitae of no more than 4 A4 pages containing:
i. Relevant work history listing your work and education history in chronological order, starting with the most recent examples. This should include subjects taught (and to what level)
iii. Professional Affiliations
iv. Professional Awards and elected/selected positions held
v. Relevant Publications/Presentations
vi. Only include interest/hobbies if they demonstrate personal achievements or relate to the Selection Criteria.
c. Names, addresses, telephone contacts and current email addresses for a minimum of three professional referees including your current supervisor. This information may be contained in your Curriculum Vitae.
d. The Selection Criteria. Each criteria response (no more than one page per criterion) using the Selection Criteria as headings, must describe how you consider yourself suitable against each of the Selection Criteria.
Corporate vacancies only complete the below application form.
Academic vacancies only complete the below application form.
Please upload your single application document as an attachment via the online recruitment form. Alternatively you may email, post or fax your application.
Sunshine Coast Grammar School,
372 Mons Road, Forest Glen, 4556
Tel: 5445 4444 Fax: 5477 4401