Sunshine Coast Grammar School is proud of its dedicated and hard-working staff and we provide regular employment opportunities for well qualified professionals. Our school provides a supportive environment for professional development and personal growth.
Sunshine Coast Grammar School is owned and operated by the Presbyterian and Methodist Schools Association (PMSA) which is a joint mission of the Uniting and Presbyterian churches that offer excellence in education based on Christian foundations.
Instrumental Music Specialist
We are seeking an experienced Instrumental Music Specialist – Lower Strings (Cello) to commence 4 February 2019.
This is a part-time (2 hours per week), term-time (36 weeks per year) position. In addition to these hours there is the opportunity to recruit private students to be tutored on School premises – this position also has approximately 4 hours of private tuition at the present time. Involvement in the Year 4 Strings Program is required every Friday during term time.
Applications are invited from engaging and experienced Cello specialists.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a similar role
- Ability to communicate effectively with students including the use of appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Current Blue Card (or eligible to apply)
- An understanding and commitment to the Christian values and ethos of the School and PMSA
Applications close 9.00am Monday, 29 October 2018.
How to Apply
Please follow the application instructions shown below. The items referred to in Step 2 below should be combined into a single Microsoft Word application document using a 12 point font and 25mm margins.
Access the Position Description (which includes the Selection Criteria) provided under the position of interest.
Prepare your application which should include:
a. A covering letter of one page which includes your education philosophy and indicates why you would be the best fit for this role.
b. Curriculum Vitae of no more than 4 A4 pages containing:
i. Relevant work history listing your work and education history in chronological order, starting with the most recent examples. This should include subjects taught (and to what level)
iii. Professional Affiliations
iv. Professional Awards and elected/selected positions held
v. Relevant Publications/Presentations
vi. Only include interest/hobbies if they demonstrate personal achievements or relate to the Selection Criteria.
c. Names, addresses, telephone contacts and current email addresses for a minimum of three professional referees including your current supervisor. This information may be contained in your Curriculum Vitae.
d. The Selection Criteria. Each criteria response (no more than one page per criterion) using the Selection Criteria as headings, must describe how you consider yourself suitable against each of the Selection Criteria.
Corporate vacancies only complete the below application form.
Academic vacancies only complete the below application form.
Please email your single application document as below. Alternatively you may post or fax your application.
Sunshine Coast Grammar School,
372 Mons Road, Forest Glen, 4556
Tel: 5445 4444 Fax: 5477 4401
Employment Collection Notice
1. In applying for this position, you will be providing Sunshine Coast Grammar School with personal information. We can be contacted at 372 Mons Road, Forest Glen, Qld, 4556, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (07) 5445 4444.
- If you provide us with personal information, for example, your name and address or information contained on your resume, we will collect the information in order to assess your application for employment. We may keep this information on file if your application is unsuccessful in case another position becomes available.
- We will not disclose this information to a third party without your consent unless otherwise permitted.
- We are required to collect information regarding whether you are or have been the subject of an Apprehended Violence Order and certain criminal offences under Child Protection laws.
- If you provide us with the personal information of others, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information to the School and why.