Sunshine Coast Grammar School is owned and operated by the Presbyterian and Methodist Schools Association (PMSA). The PMSA also runs three other outstanding Queensland schools – Brisbane Boys’ College, Clayfield College and Somerville House.
Established in 1918, the PMSA is a joint mission of the Uniting Church of Australia, Queensland Synod and the Presbyterian Church of Queensland. The PMSA purchased Sunshine Coast Grammar School in 2004.
Today one hundred years on, the PMSA is a financially strong, not-for-profit organisation that plays a vital role in setting the direction of each school and the connecting link between the schools and the two churches.
The PMSA is run by a Council of up to 15 qualified volunteer Councillors. Up to six Councillors are each appointed by the Presbyterian Church and the Uniting Church and up to three are appointed by the PMSA Council. The PMSA Council is supported by three committees, a School Council for each of the schools and the PMSA corporate office.
SCGS School Council is responsible for the overall running of the school and works with the Principal who participates in Council meetings. The SCGS School Council members are:
School Council Chairman
- Prof Jennifer Radbourne, CertTeach, ATCL, LSDA, BA, MA, PhD, GAICD
- Dr John Glaister, BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD (Mar Biol), MBA, PhD (Anth Soc), GAICD
- Mr John Hall, BEc, BComm, MBA, FAICD
- Mr Bruce Swan, BBus, ICAA
- Mr Wayne Knapp, PG Cert (Applied Mgt), PG Dip (Bus Admin), PG Cert (Bus Admin)
- Mrs Maria Woods, M Ed, B Ed, Dip T, Cert Residential Care MAICD MACEL MACE AIMM
- Ms Lyn Stokes, BA, MCom, CPA, GradDip App Corp Gov, FGIA
In our increasingly secular society, all PMSA schools play an important role in educating and guiding young people with values for life. Founded on strong Christian values – relationships, care, ethics, personal development, excellence and celebration – Sunshine Coast Grammar School and other PMSA schools share these collective values. The four schools work collaboratively to share their knowledge and expertise to enhance the educational experience across all schools.
The PMSA works together with the SCGS School Council and Principal to set Sunshine Coast Grammar School’s direction and achieve the PMSA’s vision. The PMSA provides Sunshine Coast Grammar School with:
- a caring, Christian-based culture
- high quality programs for developing teaching excellence
- financial strength and support
- human resources, legal and compliance support
- governance and policy-making support, particularly around child safety